Monday, September 10, 2012

I know I HAVE to do all this, but....

I have felt like I'm just not in the studio enough....yes, I KNOW I have to do this electronic stuff -- website (long, tedious updating), writing on this blog (which I truly DO like doing), and becoming part of social networking.  I am working, working at the studio, preparing for two shows for 2013 (one which is all nudes, the other "non" nudes per the requirement of the Center.  So I have my days cut out for me.  I wonder so often how many artist battle this balancing act as much as I do:  basic living stuff/bills, health; exercise; relationships -- and then MY WORK.

I've completed two of the nudes in the series -- am going to let them dry endlessly (after the mishap with the dragonfly).  Meanwhile, working on other pieces which will be part of the other show.  Yesterday, I actually worked on creating a new piece from the remnants  of the dragonfly explosion ... and will entitle it "Resurrection" ... a circular piece with two wings connected...placed on a broken mirror.  After I photo it (before kiln as I always do), I will post it on the blog so you can see what's happening.   Because I'm having to reconstruct from bisque pieces, I'm using putty, epoxy etc. and thus cannot glaze.  I'm pondering now how to finish the coloration -- enamels, acrylics with clear finish, handmade paper application...  Will have to see how it unfolds before choosing final step. 

Haven't written for some time and I know I've missed the combination of writing, reflecting, and working.  This process of wordsmithing forces me to sort through the monkey-mind of ideas, and have a clearer focus on what next.

Now, finally, I'm headed to the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment