Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Still trying to learn the system

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

joys of June

The utilization off "social media" a new experience for me.  I vowed to write daily, yet here I am a month since my last post.  Oh, how the world of health, finances, relationships seem to block my way to the studio and my work as an artist.
After my last show "HANDS" I decided to take a break from a prescribed show requirement, and simply listen to some things in my inner heart. 
I have made several pieces since that time, including a bas relief form of a tree ... very hopeful it will lmake it through the bisque.  Plans to use specific glaze only on tree, with blackground waxed out to leave only the clay color.  After this, I will be adding some kind of medium to bring the tree into a blossoming stage.  I began yesterday to work on an intricate design which focuses on a dragonfly. Lots of symbolism for this elegant creature:  defeat of self-created illusions, foxus on being in the moment, opening one's eyes, maturitiy and depth of character.  All ofthese and more leading me to have a beautiful tattoo on my left forearm of a dragonfly.  I invite you to visit:  http://dragonflysymbolism.org/  for a peaceful moment.

As this piece develops, I will be uploading pictures of its progress. 

And then, my commitment to do a series of nudes in bas relief, based on photographs of me -- "ARTIST AS MUSE".   The show will provide a dual experience:  the clay creations on one side, and matching images of the pose in black/white photographs on the other.  A show which undoubtedly take me a year.

My website will be an ongoing process -- http://www.drgabb.com/
where I will be providing a range of information and photos sof my work.  But this blog taps into my world as an academic and lover of story.  I hope you will travel along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment